Conjunction are used to link words, phrases or sentences.
And links two parallel words or sentences.
e.g. Clean and fry the fish until it is cooked.
Mr Lim washed his and his wife's car yesterday.
Or links sentences where choices are given.
e.g. Get up now or you will be late.
But, although and yet link contrasting sentences.
But、although 和 yet 连接相对的句子。
I called Tom but he didn't hear me.
Although my grandmother is old, she is fit and healthy.
Because, as and since introduce the cause or reason of an action or situation.
Because、as 和 since 显示某动作或状况的原因。
The baby is crying because he is not feeling well.
Mr Lam got up early as he had a meeting to attend.
Since you have cooked the meal, I'll wash the dishes.
So shows the result of a cause.
e.g. They do not have a car so they went there by bus.
Write the correction conjunctions.
1. She cried _____ she heard the bad news.
2. My aunt fried rice _____ chicken for lunch.
3. The boy is crying _____ he fell from
4. We can do it tomorrow _____ not today.
5. Is this your pen _____ hers?
6. _____ Mandy is unwell, she still goes to school.
7. You did not listen to us, _____ you made