'Wh-' question words are used to ask questions.
What is used for things, animals and people.
Who is used for people.
e.g. Who is that tall man?
Where is used for places.
e.g. Where did you go this morning?
When is used for time, day, month or year.
Why is used to ask for a reason.
e.g. Why did't you call me yesterday?
How is used to ask for the way something is done or the condition of someone.
e.g. How did you make this photo frame?
How are you today?
Which is used to imply selection.
e.g. Which cake do you prefer, the strawberry cake
or the cheese cake?
Whose is used to ask about the possession of something.
e.g. Whose car is this?
Fill in the blanks with the correct 'Wh-' quetion words.
1. _____ will giving the speech?
2. _____ bicycle is next to mine? Is it yours?
3. I heard your brother fell and hurt himself in school
yesterday. _____ did he fall?
4. _____ is the trip to the beach? Is it on Saturday or
5. _____ did you find inside the chest?
6. _____ lent you this book?
7. _____ club are you joining, the Art Club or
the Music Club?
8. _____ didn't you go to school yesterday?